I was browsing Ulta earlier today, and I noticed that many of the recent drugstore releases – which I believe are mostly technically 2014 releases – are now available online.
At Ulta.com, I spotted
- Maybelline: Color Elixir (review; I like these even more now than when I first reviewed them). And hopefully the newest Maybelline releases will show up soon. (Edited to add that they’re all online now! Master Glaze blush sticks, Master Hi-Light blushes, etc.)
- There are also many new items from Physician’s Formula, Sally Hansen (including the new nail art tool kits – review coming soon & not recommended) and probably more brands I didn’t check! (Edited to add that the new L’oreal Extraordinare lip glosses and Infallible shades are online as well.)
Ulta currently has 20% off most non-prestige lines – the code is 101696, and you can go here to print it out & use in-store. And don’t forget to use Ebates!
Drugstore.com is a little behind Ulta in terms of new releases; the only new-ish product I see is Maybelline Color Elixir. However, they have added some new lines lately – as metioned previously, they have tons of Bourjois, albeit overpriced & sold in double-packs. I’m very happy to see that they’ve started selling LA Girl makeup & nail polish, including the incredibly awesome jellyish scattered holos that were released last summer (swatched here).
This post contains (many!) affiliate links. Shopping through affiliate links = more money for me to spend on makeup = more reviews! Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Revlon recently released two permanent additions to the Colorburst line – Matte Balms and Lacquer Balms (links go to Target, where both are now available to purchase online). I’m still loving my Revlon Balm Stains, so I was initially quite intrigued. However, as the reviews started rolling in, I got more skeptical. Although some loved the matte balms, some found them patchy. And, most shades of the lacquer balms have glitter, which is not my preference for lip products. However, the matte balm in Shameless looked like such a gorgeous color that I decided to go for it.
The verdict? Pretty color, too patchy to be worth it. In the lip swatch, I had to smooth it out with my finger to make it wearable at all. I am probably going to return this.
*I purchased the product(s) featured in this post. This post contains one or more affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.
Review of the new PF Bronze Boosters coming soon!
A few updates:
– If you’ve been looking for the new Wet n Wild Fergie items, they’re now available to purchase online at Drugstore.com & at Walgreens.com – both sites have free shipping over $25. I recommend the Perfect Pout lipsticks (review) & the eyeshadow primer (review). And if you are interested in this kind of information right when I find out about it, please follow me on Twitter or Facebook!
– I’ve been trying to remember to photograph my nails & post them on my Instagram ; here’s a recent NOTD & an old one:
Nail Pattern Boldness Ignition (remix) over black
L’oreal Nail Lingerie stickers over Color Club Cherubic
– Please see the poll to the right (directly above the archives) – I would love your feedback on the types of posts you enjoy! If you have any additional comments, please leave them on this post (and of course, you’re always welcome to email, tweet, or contact me).
– And finally, this only applies to a couple readers (most of you know this!) but please don’t link to your blog or website in the comments; per my comment policy, your comment will not be approved. I’ve had to delete some very thoughtful comments lately because they contain a “Jane Doe at www.example.com” at the end. If you’d like me to check out your blog, please email me – introduce yourself, say hi, and I will!