For this installment, I have 8 of my favorite splurges (I really don’t have 10, and I didn’t want to pad it with two additional products I don’t love!). They range in price, but I would consider each expensive for what it is; but, because of the quality, worth it for me.
In order from least to most expensive:
1. Anastasia Brow Powder Duo (review). You’ll notice that in every single FOTD I post, this is what I use for my brows. It’s the perfect color for me (I use the lighter side on my inner brows, and the darker side on my outer brows), and it lasts all day. $22.
|Anastasia Brow Powder Duo|
2. Burberry Trench Eyeshadow (review). This eyeshadow keeps popping up in all of my favorites posts, because I use it so often! It’s a great blending and highlighting shade for me – subtle, but does its job so well. $29.
|Burberry Trench Eyeshadow|
3. Rouge Bunny Rouge Blush in Orpheline or Florita (review). I absolutely love the texture of Rouge Bunny Rouge blushes; they’re soft, silky, and very pigmented. The two colors I bought are quite similar, so right now I’m using Orpheline, and I haven’t decided whether to sell Florita or keep it. $31 at Beautyhabit
|RBR Orpheline, Florita|
4. YSL Glossy Stain 12 Corail Fauve (review). I am slowing learning to wear lip gloss – I’m mostly a lipstick girl – and this one is my favorite, because it lasts a long time and doesn’t transfer much. It helps that the color is gorgeous! $32
|YSL Corail Fauve|
5. Armani Eyes to Kill Intense Eyeshadow #24 Smokey Copper (review). I spent a long time thinking that the ETK shadows were too expensive for me, but I’m glad I eventually gave in; Smokey Copper is utterly gorgeous, and has a fantastic formula. $32
|Armani ETK 24|
6. Guerlain Rouge Automatic 167 Guet-Apens (review). I’d be hard pressed to pick a favorite lipstick formula (there are so many great ones!), but Guerlain’s Rouge Automatics would definitely be on the list. Guet-Apens, a gorgeous berry, is one of my favorite shades. I also love that despite being moisturizing, it will last through a meal. $35.
|Guerlain RA 167 Guet-Apens|
7. Guerlain Meteorites Compact Powder (review). As you can tell from the picture at the top of this post, I use this frequently! I’m almost done with my first compact, and have already purchased a second; I wouldn’t want to run out and not have this available for even a day! This powder helps my foundation last longer all year long – both in winter when my skin is dryer, and in summer when it’s more normal. $56
|Guerlain Meteorites Compact|
8. Guerlain Lingerie de Peau foundation (review). My foundation favorites change frequently, but at the moment this is my favorite formula. It has just the right amount of coverage (light to medium), and looks just like skin. $58
|Guerlain Lingerie de Peau|
Guerlain Parure de Nuit, LE and no longer available. I’m pretty sure this is the most expensive makeup item I’ve ever purchased, but I’m so glad I did. It’s a really lovely subtle highlight, and I love the design. $67
|Guerlain Parure de Nuit|
As you can see, Guerlain is one of my very favorite brands – they’re one of the higher end brands whose products I find worth the price tag. What are your favorite splurges and higher end brands?
This post is from Project Swatch. All rights reserved.