Hey there! I started this blog as a place to swatch all of my makeup – “project swatch” – but at the moment it’s more of an all purpose beauty blog. I tend to focus on reviews and comparisons, with a focus on drugstore makeup (though I also discuss my mid- and high- end favorites!). I posted frequently for a few years, then stopped completely for a couple years, and now I am posting occasionally.
Here are some of my favorite makeup products – all links are to my reviews:
- I love red lipstick, and I own far too many. Read all my red lipstick posts here.
- Burberry Trench eyeshadow
iswas my go-to eyeshadow blending / highlight shade – I’ve hit major pan, but I finished it and it’s now discontinued.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil is a favorite formula, and Cruella is one of my all-time favorite reds.
- My favorite powder is the discontinued Guerlain Compact Meteorites in Teint Beige. I finished several compacts (5?), and while I’ve found plenty of good-enough replacements, nothing is quite as perfect.
- Some drugstore favorites include Wet n Wild Fergie Perfect Pout lipstick, Wet n Wild Megalast lipsticks, Black Radiance Perfect Tone lipsticks, Revlon Balm Stains, Prestige Total Intensity eyeliners, and L’oreal Infallible eyeshadows.
My favorite brands are ever- changing, but right now, I especially love Guerlain, Hourglass, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Wet n Wild, Jordana, and Revlon.
My favorite nail polish finishes are scattered holos, jellies, and multichomes. And I love thermal polishes!
I have light skin with olive undertones – my best match is usually Koh Gen Do Aqua in 213. MUFE Y225 (formerly 117) is also a good match, and MAC NC15 is decent. I have normal to dry skin – more normal in the summer, and it can be quite dry in the winter.
Photographs on this blog are taken with a Canon PowerShot SX230HS, a Canon EOS Rebel T3i, or an iPhone.
Please feel free or contact me anytime via email.