Hi – I’m Emi, a late-twenties woman living in Los Angeles. I started this blog as a place to swatch all of my makeup – “project swatch” – but at the moment it’s more of an all purpose beauty blog. I tend to focus on reviews, comparisons, and drugstore products.Here are some of my foundation matches:
- Guerlain Lingerie de Peau #02 Beige Clair. Here’s my review, with a before & after.
- Make Up For Ever HD 120 (during the winter, I sometimes mix with HD 115)
- Laura Mercier Oil-Free Tinted Moisturizer, Bisque (matches me during the summer)
- YSL Touche Eclat Illuminating Foundation Beige 30 (matches perfectly during winter)
- Meow Cosmetics Naughty Chartreux
- Bourjois Healthy Mix #52 Vanilla (a little too pink)
- Illamasqua Skin Base in 6.5 matches, but I think 6 – which I haven’t tried – might be better
Here are some of my favorite products:
- Urban Decay Smog eyeshadow is a perennial favorite (swatch)
- Burberry Trench eyeshadow (review) is my go-to eyeshadow highlight shade – I’ve hit pan!
- Nars’s Velvet Matte Lip Pencil is a favorite formula, and Cruella (review) is my favorite red of all time.
- Another favorite lipstick formula is Guerlain’s Rouge Automatique formula – I have reviews of several shades.
- I’m pretty fickle about mascara. Favorites include Maybelline One by One Volume Express, Hourglass Film Noir Full Spectrum, and Jordana Best Lash Extreme Volumizing (links are to my reviews).
- My favorite drugstore products are ever-changing, but here’s the most recent list I made of favorites that are under $10. I’m currently REALLY into the Revlon Balm Stains – this post has swatches of the five that I own.
- My one true powder love is Guerlain Compact Meteorites in Teint Beige. It is, thus far, the only product I have finished completely.
- I’m also extremely loyal to my eyebrow powder: Anastasia Brow Powder duo in Brunette (review; you’ll also see it in every FOTD I do!)
My favorite brands are ever- changing, but right now, I especially love Guerlain, Wet n Wild, and Illamasqua.
I have normal to dry skin. Historically, I haven’t taken care of my skin very well, but right now I’m experimenting with some new products.
I have fine, thin curly hair, and my favorite hair product is Tigi Curls Rock Curl Amplifier . I have a variety of other curly-hair products, including DevaCurl, Ouidad, and Bumble and Bumble products, and I’m working on putting together a comparison post.
Almost all photographs on this blog are taken with a Canon PowerShot SX230HS- a few here and there are taken with my iPhone.
This page contains affiliate links. For more information, please see my disclosure policy.