Hey there! I started this blog as a place to swatch all of my makeup – “project swatch” – but at the moment it’s more of an all purpose beauty blog. I tend to focus on reviews and comparisons, with a focus on drugstore makeup (though I also discuss my mid- and high- end favorites!).
Here are some of my favorite makeup products – all links are to my reviews:
- I love red lipstick, and I own far too many. Read all my red lipstick posts here.
- Burberry Trench eyeshadow is my go-to eyeshadow blending / highlight shade – I’ve hit major pan.
- NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil is a favorite formula, and Cruella is my favorite red of all time.
- My favorite powder is the recently-discontinued Guerlain Compact Meteorites in Teint Beige. It is, thus far, the only product I have finished completely (and I just hit pan on my 3rd compact.)
- Some drugstore favorites include Wet n Wild Fergie Perfect Pout lipstick, Wet n Wild Megalast lipsticks, Black Radiance Perfect Tone lipsticks, Revlon Balm Stains, Prestige Total Intensity eyeliners, and L’oreal Infallible eyeshadows.
My favorite brands are ever- changing, but right now, I especially love Guerlain, Hourglass, Rouge Bunny Rouge, Wet n Wild, Jordana, and Revlon.
My favorite nail polish finishes are currently scattered holos, jellies, and multichomes. This changes frequently, though!
I have light olive skin – my best match is usually Koh Gen Do Aqua in 213, but it’s a touch dark for me at the moment. MUFE Y225 (formerly 117) is also a good match, and MAC NC15 is decent. I have normal to dry skin – more normal in the summer, and it can be quite dry in the winter.
Almost all photographs on this blog are taken with a Canon PowerShot SX230HS – a few here and there are taken with my iPhone.
Please feel free or contact me anytime via email.