|Travel skincare, makeup remover|
Since my travel makeup post was getting a bit long, here is the skincare, makeup remover, and the makeup brushes I’ve brought with me!
In the morning, I usually just splash my face with water. I have my daily sunscreen with me – Philosophy oil-free hope in jar, SPF 30. I’ll use that when I’m going to be mostly indoors with bits of being outdoors; I have several higher-SPF sunscreens for my face & body (not pictured) for the pool.
In the evening, I have Shu Uemura cleansing oil to remove my makeup and sunscreen, and Simple eye makeup remover to both remove bits of makeup from under my eyes, or remove mistakes while I’m doing my makeup. I also have two mini-packs of makeup remover tissues, both to take with me in my bag while I’m out, and in case I have a lazy night and don’t want to do full makeup removal before bed. My nightime moisturizer is the retinoid cream Avene Eluage. And, I have two tubes of Jack Black lip balm, which I like despite the recent controversy over the ingredients.
The reason some of my brushes look odd in this photo is that they are damp. From left to right, I have:
– retractable lipbrush & brush for smudging out eyeliner, tucked in together
– very small laydown brush (an art brush)
– MAC 239 (for laydown)
– Sephora eyebrow brush
– MUFE brush, for contouring, highlighting, and blush
– Real techniques buffer brush, for powder
– Sonia Kashuk angled brush, for blush and contour
– ELF powder brush
– MAC 219 pencil brush
– Hakuhodo brush (not sure of number), for detail work
– Smashbox brush, for highlighting browbone
– Laura Mercier Finishing Eye Brush, for blending
Once again – no intent to pack light!
This is a scheduled post as I’m currently in Las Vegas! I am reasonably sure that I’ll have internet to moderate and respond to comments, though I may be slower than usual.
This post is from Project Swatch. All rights reserved.