I’m at my parents’ house this weekend, so I thought I’d do a quick post on what makeup I brought with me. I packed lightly this time – it’s going to be a casual weekend at home for the most part, with two nice-but-not-fancy dinners. My makeup-packing philosophy is to bring items that are small, light, non-breakable (usually this means creams instead of powders), and replaceable (in case I lose them – so, not too expensive and not limited edition). I’m fairly relaxed on the “replaceable” criterion when I visit family, as if I leave something there, I’ll get it back eventually. This weekend, I also tried to pack items I could apply with fingers so I’d be able to get away with minimal brushes – just powder, eyeliner, and cream blush/ cream contour.
Here’s the same photo as above, but numbered for reference:
- Skindinavia Finishing Spray (originally a gift from a friend; I actually finished it and refilled with Embryolisse rosewater toner). I love using a spray after powdering for a more natural finish.
- Ben Nye cream contour in 01 Neutral
- Decant of Make Up For Ever Face & Body foundation
- L’oreal Infallible in Sahara Treasure – this shade isn’t available in the US, but I love it. Can be patted on with fingers, so no eyeshadow brush required. // swatched here
- Wet n Wild single eyeshadow in Brulee
- Dollywink liquid eyeliner // swatched here
- Maybelline Master Shape Brow Pencil in dark brown. This is a repurchase – I just finished my first one! // reviewed here
- Maybelline One by One Volume Express mascara
- Too Faced Shadow Insurance
- L’oreal Gel Liner in Dark Slate // reviewed here
- Sample of Hourglass Mineral Veil primer
- Guerlain Illuminating & Mattifying pressed powder (sadly discontinued! I’m on my fourth compact and I have one backup left).
- TheBalm Time Balm concealer // swatched here
- Addiction Cheek Stick in Tea Rose // swatched here
- Maybelline Color Elixir in Intoxicating Spice // reviewed here
- Dior Fluid Stick in Vie d’Enfer // reviewed here
- Canmake Cream Cheek in Clear Red Heart // reviewed here
*The Skindinavia finishing spray was a gift from a friend; the Embryolisse rosewater spray was a PR sample; the Hourglass primer was a free sample from Sephora. I purchased all other items featured in this post. This post contains affiliate links. Please see my disclosure policy for more information.